The Trial of Saddam Hussein and The Fallout of The War

The Trial of Saddam Hussein

Text

The fallout in the Middle East from the regime change in Iraq

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bush Regrets Rhetoric, Not The War

As per the Chicago Tribune

Reporter: "Do you actually just regret your war rhetoric, or do you regret having gone to war with Iraq?"

"I don't regret it at all," Bush replied. "Removing Saddam Hussein made the world a safer place."

"The guy said, 'Now what could you do over?' " Bush said of the Times interviewer. "First of all, you don't get to do things over in my line of work. But I could have used better rhetoric to indicate that, one, we tried to exhaust the diplomacy in Iraq; two, that I don't like war."

The president told French television in an interview taped before his arrival in Paris last week: "Sometimes my rhetoric was a little—was misunderstood. I mean, I can remember saying, you know, 'dead or alive,' which sent ... signals that could be easily misinterpreted."

All very well, but in this world it's actions not words that count.

No comments: