The Trial of Saddam Hussein and The Fallout of The War

The Trial of Saddam Hussein

Text

The fallout in the Middle East from the regime change in Iraq

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Denials

Saddam Hussein's half brother, Barzan al-Tikriti, appeared in court today. He denies that he ordered the arrests of 148 villagers, who were later executed.

Quote:

"I didn't order the arrest of any one, and I didn't interrogate any one.

I didn't supervise any interrogation, and I didn't read any memos
."

He read verses from the Koran during his testimony, saying:

"All this time I have been held for a political reasons, for reasons without foundation."

Al-Tikriti claimed that he did not know why he had been arrested:

"In two weeks I will have spent about three years in prison

I was put in prison, and I didn't know what crime I was accused of
."

The trial continues.

No comments: